IBPS Clerk Job Profile Complete Details
It is compulsory for all candidates that they are aware of the post they applied for. you should check life and responsibilities of a bank clerk that what is your work after selection on a clerical cadre post.
Clerk definition – First of all, you should know about “What is a clerk?”. It is also called “Single Window Operator.” According to the Wikipedia, Clerk is a person who performs daily office tasks and accounts related works in the bank like handling cash counter, maintain ledger, keep transaction records up to date, etc.
What are Clerk Duties in the bank?
For customers, Clerk is the first point of contact for inquiries & guidance. Clerk post is an important part of every bank. It handles many valuable works related to the customer’s accounts and solves their complaints and issues this is also an important role of clerk in the bank. Check the other main works covers by this post.
1. Handling deposit and withdrawal cash is the primary work of the clerk. Along with that clerk also undertakes the receipt of cheques, drafts, dividend warrants, and pay orders.
2. Payment clearance works like Verify cheques, issue demand drafts, etc.
3. Maintain a daily record of balance.
4. Perform various back office works like receipts collection, ledger maintenance, balance tally, data entry, issue ESI stamps, typing other necessary bank information served to the customers, etc.
5. Issue cheque books after authentication of clients.
6. In some of the bank clerk also plays a significant role in the marketing of financial products of the Bank such as loans, mutual funds, deposits, schemes, etc. this is the summary of ibps clerk job description.
IBPS Clerk Salary Structure 2016 – 2017
|Criteria||Metro Cities||State Capital||District Level and Rural|
|Gross with HRA||14842.80||14770.80||14662.80|
After being selected as a “Clerk officer,” you will get multiple chances to be promoted to the higher level. Your increment depends on upon your performance during the probation period of six months it’s may vary bank to bank. And you will be selected on senior post level after every two years.