Date of Examination: Notified soon
Last Date of Submission of Application: 30th September 2021
Last Date of Submission of Application (with Late Fee): 30th September 2021
MTS Examination – 2020 was successfully held on 391 Centers in Maharashtra and Goa States.
The existing school curriculum and the examination system are unable to identify and motivate the talented students. It is, therefore, as a national and social binding, the Centre for Talent Search and Excellence, N. Wadia College, Pune has undertaken the search of Talented Students through“Maharashtra Talent Search Examination” since 1992.
Aims of M.T.S.E
1. To Search the talented students.
2. To equip the students for NTS (std.X) and other competitive examinations in future.
3. To encourage the students to appear for various competitive examinations and to create an urge and ambition to succeed in each examinations from an early age.
4. To honor and encourage the selected students by awarding scholarships and prizes.
Appearing for MTS Examination has proved to be useful as a preparation for the National Talent Search Examination.
Pattern of Question Paper :
There will be two written papers for all standards and will be conducted on the same day for three hours without any recess between.
The questions for the written examination will be of multiple choice type. Four alternative answers will be provided for each question and the student has to select the appropriate answer.
From last year examination pattern is changed….
For MTS Examination student will be provided with a single question paper having both the sections i.e. MAT and SAT and he will have to attempt these 200 questions in 3 hrs. i.e. 180 mins.
While in NTS Examination at standard X two separate papers for each section will be provided and students will have to attempt 100 questions from each section in 1.5 hrs. i.e. 90 mins.
Application forms can be obtained from Headmaster / Principal of the School. Head of the institutes are requested to demand the No. of Forms required by them for Std. VIII, IX and X on the school letter-head, which shall enable the centre to send the forms accordingly. Fees for these forms can be sent to the centre at the time of submission of the filled forms. Please return the unused forms if any, along with the filled forms. Individual student can obtain application form by paying the fees in advance.
The Schools can download the Application Form using the link given below and print the required number of copies of the same.
Other Possible Ways to get the Application Form
Completely filled application forms along with the examination fee should reach MTS office on or before 7th December 2019.
On submission of application forms, students will receive Acknowledgement and Admit Card. Students should bring this admit card while coming for the examination. Xerox it if necessary.
In case of individual students the acknowledgment card will be sent to their residential addresses while for students applying through schools or coordinators, the acknowledgment cards will be sent to their respective schools/coordinators.
If students do not receive Acknowledgement and Admit Card before the end of March, then please contact MTS Office.
Paper I – Mental Ability Test (MAT)
It will have a slightly higher difficulty level than the Mental Ability Paper of Scholarship Examination of Std. VII for Std. VIII, MTSE of Std. VIII for Std. IX and MTSE of Std. IX for Std. X.
Paper II – Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
For Std. VIII, Std. IX and Std. X the syllabus will be as per the school syllabus for respective subjects and classes for the entire academic year. The students should use the regular prescribed text books prescribed for the academic year. It is expected that the student should thoroughly study the curriculum of the whole year
Interview will be conducted only for Std. X carrying 50 marks.
There is no specific syllabus for the interview. The abilities such as understanding, analysis, application with respect to the school subjects will be tested. In addition, the knowledge of current national and international events, the environment in which one lives, achievements in extra-curricular activities in school, hobbies, sports etc., will also be considered.
There will be two written papers.
Total time : Three hours
It will be of multiple choice type. Four alternative answers will be provided for each question and the student has to select the appropriate answer.
The examination will be conducted between 11.00 am to 2.00 pm. without any recess. However, students are expected to occupy their seats before 10.30 am.
Students should bring ball point pen for writing the answers and a water bottle.
On the basis of written examination the interview of the 10th std. students will be conducted between 25th May and 5th June. Detailed information about the interview will be communicated to the students at their residential address and to their schools. The letters of interview will be sent between 15th and 20th May.
Results of all other students of std. VIII, IX and X will be communicated to their respective schools by post at the end of June.
The complete result of all the students appearing for the examination will also be available on this website.
The students of Std. X will be selected for the interview on the basis of their performance in the written examination. The interview will be conducted at N. Wadia College, Pune. The interviews may be arranged at other places for the convenience of the students. The students will have to attend the interview at their own expense.
Interview carrying 50 marks will be conducted only for the selected students from Std X.
Selection Criteria For Interview and the names of the students along with the complete schedule of Interviews will be communicated to the students at their residential address and their schools. It will also be available on this website.
For written examination, the centers will be allotted at District or Taluka places. To allot a centre of examination at least 150 Students should appear for the MTS examination (Std. VIII, Std. IX and Std. X together). If the number of students is less, they will be allotted a nearby centre. Students will have to appear at the given center at their own cost.
Examination Center No., Center code, Exam. No. and place of examination will be communicated to the school by end of March. Students should collect the information from school and write the same in the boxes provided on the Acknowledgement and Admit Card. This information will also be available on this website.
Merit list of MTSE will be prepared at two levels.
(a) State Level Merit List
(b) District Level Merit List
Merit list at each level will have urban and rural components.
Schools at all district places and within corporation limits will be treated as urban while all schools at villages and taluka places are incorporated in rural areas.
1) State Level Prize : Students appearing in the state level merit list will be awarded State Level Prize of Rs. 1000/- each.
2) District Level Prize : Students who could not secure place in the State level merit list but have made it in the District Level Merit List will be awarded to the District Level Prize of Rs. 400 /- The number of students selected for the award of MTS Prize at state / district level depends upon the number of students appearing for the examination from the entire state and the marks secured.
3) Special Prizes : Rs. 200 /- each will be awarded for those students who could not awarded State or District Prize but have secured marks more than particular marks.
4) Taluka Prizes : Rs. 150 /- each students who could not awarded State or District Level Prize but have done well in their Talukas.
5) Consolation Prizes : Besides these Prize, some students will be awarded consolation prizes of Rs. 100 /-.
6) Merit Prizes : Rs. 5000/-, Rs. 3000/- & Rs. 2000/- will be awarded to the first three students in the state level merit lists of rural and urban areas for each standard. A special prize of Rs. 500/- will be awarded to a student standing first in each paper & every section of written examination.
7) Other Medium Prize : Rs. 400/- will be awarded to a certificate holder having maximum marks amongst Hindi and Urdu medium studensts.
8) Certificates : The students securing 70 marks or more out of 200 in written examination will be awarded a certificate of merit.