RRB JE 2020
The Railway Recruitment Board will be conducting RRB JE 2020 examination for selecting the candidates for the post of Junior Engineer, Junior Engineer (IT), Depot Material Superintendant and Chemical & Metallurgical Assistant in Indian Railways. Interested candidates can apply for the exam by filling the online application form. The board is likely to release the form in the 1st week of January 2020. Applicants are suggested to make sure that they fit the eligibility conditions specified by the board.
The exam will be held in online mode where a computer system will be allotted to the candidates to answer the questions displayed on their computer screen. 90 minutes will be given to finish the test for phase-I and for phase-II, 120 minutes will be given to the candidates. There will be negative marking in case the candidates choose the incorrect answer.
The tentative schedule of RRB JE 2020 exam is as follows-
|Notification releasing date||First week of January 2020|
|Opening of online registration||1st week of January 2020|
|Closing of online registration||Last week of January 2020|
|Last date to pay the fee via offline mode||1st week of February 2020|
|Last date to pay the online fee||1st week of February 2020|
|Closing of online submission of application complete in all respect||2nd week of February 2020|
|Admit card releasing for CBT-I||April 2020|
|CBT test- Phase-I||April 2020/May 2020|
|Result announcement||Yet to be announced|
|Admit card releasing for CBT-II||Yet to be announced|
|CBT test- Phase-II||Yet to be announced|
|Result announcement||Yet to be announced|
|Document verification||Yet to be announced|
|Medical examination||Yet to be announced|
- No age relaxation will be given to the OBC/ SC/ ST candidates applying against the unreserved vacancies.
- Higher educational qualification like B.E/ B.Tech will also be accepted instead of 3 years Diploma in Engineering in the same branch.
- The candidate must be physically fit in all respects in order to get selected.
- Applicants who are claiming reservation in any of the categories should possess the relevant documents.
- The examination fee of the candidates found ineligible will not be refunded in any case.
- Candidates in the final years of the qualifying exam are not eligible. So, they need not apply for the exam.
- Candidates who will found medically unsuitable for the selected post(s) will not get any alternate appointment.
Aspirants with any of the following nationalities can apply.
- A citizen of India
- Subjects of Nepal
- Subjects of Bhutan
- A Tibetan refugee who came to India with an intention of permanently settling here before 1st January 1962.
- A person of India origin who has migrated to India with an intention to permanently settle here from any of the following countries – Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam.
- The age of a candidate should be between 18 to 33 years. However, relaxation in upper age limit will be given to the candidates from reserved categories.
- Upper Limit of Date of birth
- General Category – 02/01/1987
- OBC – 02/01/1984
- SC/ ST – 02/01/1982
- Lower Limit of Date of birth
- For all categories: 01/01/2002
Relaxation in upper age limit will be given to the candidates from various reserved categories as given below.
- SC/ ST Candidates: 5 years
- OBC: 3 years
- Person with Benchmark Disabilities: 10 years (General), 13 years (OBC), 15 years (SC/ ST).
- Candidates who are serving Group ‘C’ and Group ‘D’ Railway Staff, Casual Labour and Substitutes and put in a minimum of 3 years service: 40 Years (General), 43 years (OBC), 45 Years (SC/ ST)
- Applicants with J&K domicile (01-01-1980 to 30-12-1989): 38 years (General), 41 years (OBC), and 43years (SC / ST).
The educational/ technical qualification varies for different posts as given below.
Junior Engineer – Civil/ Design Drawing and Estimation/ P Way/ Civil Workshop
- Aspirants should have a 3 year diploma in civil engineering or a B.Sc degree in civil engineering of three year duration.
- Candidates with a combination of any sub stream of civil engineering can also apply.
Junior Engineer – Track Machine
- Applicants must have 3 years diploma in Mechanical / Production / Automobile / Electrical / Electronics / Instrumentation & Control Engineering.
- Aspirants with a combination of any sub-stream of Mechanical / Production / Automobile / Electrical / Electronics / Instrumentation & Control Engineering are also eligible.
Junior Engineer – Mechanical/ JIG and Tool/ Millwright/ Mechanical Testing/ Mechanical Carriage/ Design Testing/ Diesel Mechanical/ Mechanical Power/ Carriage and Wagon
- For these posts, an applicant should have a diploma in Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics / Manufacturing / Mechatronics / Industrial / Machining / Instrumentation & Control / Tools & Machining / Tools & Die Making / Automobile / Production Engineering.
- Alternatively, candidates having a diploma with a combination of any sub-streams of Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics / Manufacturing / Mechatronics / Industrial / Machining / Instrumentation & Control / Tools & Machining / Tools & Die Making / Automobile / Production Engineering can also apply.
Junior Engineer – Electrical/ Diesel Electrical/ Electrical EMU/ Electrical Design and Estimation
- An aspirant should possess a 3 year diploma in Mechanical / Electrical / Electronic Engineering.
- In case a candidate has a diploma with a combination of any sub stream of Mechanical / Electrical / Electronic Engineering then he/ she is also eligible.
Junior Engineer – S&T (Design Drawing and Estimation/ Telecommunication/ Signal/ Telecommunication/ Workshop)
- Candidates with a 3 year diploma in electrical / Electronics / Information Technology / Communication Engineering / Computer Science & Engineering / Computer Science / Computer Engineering can apply.
- In case the diploma of a candidate is with a combination of any sub-stream of Electrical/ Information Technology/ Electronics/ Computer Science & Engineering/ Communication Engineering/ Computer Science/ Computer Engineering then he/ she is also eligible.
Junior Engineer – Information Technology
- The candidates with any of the following qualifications are eligible – PGDCA/ B.Tech (CS/ IT)/ B.Sc (Computer Science)/ BCA/ DOEACC ‘B’ level course of three years duration or any other equivalent course.
Junior Engineer – Printing Press
- Applicants should have passed matric or its equivalent.
- Additionally, the candidates also need to possess a State Diploma or All India Certificate in Printing Technology or its equivalent obtained after 3 years’ course from a recognized institute/ university.
Medical fitness standard
|Medical standard||General fitness||Vision standards|
|A-3||Physically fit||Distance vision: 6/9, 6/9 with or without glasses (power of lenses not to exceed 2D). Near vision: 0.6,0.6 with or without glasses Must have: passed the test for Colour Vision, Binocular Vision, Night Vision and Mesopic vision.|
|B-1||Physically fit||Distance vision: 6/9, 6/12 with or without glasses (power of lenses not to exceed 4D). Near vision: 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses when reading or close work is required. Must have: passed the test for Colour Vision, Binocular Vision, Night Vision and Mesopic vision.|
|B-2||Physically fit||Distance vision: 6/9, 6/12 with or without glasses (power of lenses not to exceed 4D). Near vision: 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses when reading or close work is required Must have: Passed the Binocular vision.|
|C-1||Physically fit||Distance vision: 6/12, 6/18 with or without glasses. Near vision: 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses when reading or close work is required.|
RRB JE 2020 Application form
Candidates can fill the application form of RRB JE exam by visiting the official website of the Railway Recruitment Board. The form will be released in the 1st week of January 2020. Applicants should keep their documents handy while filling the form. The scanned photograph and signature should be in JPEG format. The form will include the details such as personal information, educational details and other relevant information. Applicants should provide correct information in the form. If at any stage the details provided by them are found to be false then the candidature of such candidates will be cancelled immediately.
Candidates should enter their name, father’s name and date of birth as recorded in the Matriculation/ SSLC/ High school examination certificate or an equivalent certificate only. They should review the entire form before making the final submission. Applicants must pay the requisite amount of application fee without which their applications will be rejected. Multiple application forms should be avoided at all cost.
Steps to Apply Online for RRB JE Exam
You need to ensure whether you meet eligibility criteria for RRB JE exam or not. Further, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: You need to choose the RRB you’d like to apply for. Please note RRB once selected won’t be changed after the primary registration numbers.
Step 2: Confirm you have read and understood the terms & conditions. If so then click the checkbox.
Step 3: Complete registration by providing details like your name, Date of Birth, Mother’s Name, Father’s name, Aadhaar Number, SSLC/Metric/ITI Roll Number, Year of Passing, email-ID and mobile number. Check all entries before you submit. Please note, your email ID should be yours and unique. Your email ID and mobile number will be verified using a One Time Password (OTP).
Step 4: Candidates must preserve their registration number as RRB will not entertain any request for seeking registration number.
Step 5: Go to the part I of application form and fill details about Educational Qualification, Gender, Community, Religion, Minority, Ex SM, PWD, Economically Backward Class and Age Relaxation and other required details.
Step 6: In the second part of application form, you need to enter details of exam group. If you are eligible for more than one post then you have to set preference of posts.
Step 7: After entering all the details, you’ll be redirected to payment page. You need to select the payment mode and complete the payment.
Step 8: If you fall under PwBD category then indicate the option for scribe. Only the candidates Visually Impaired (VI)/candidates whose writing speed is being affected due to loco motor disability (one arm) are permitted to avail the facility of Scribe against this CEN.
Step 9: Enter all required details relating educational qualification.
Step 10: You need to choose the language mode of exam. English is the default language and if you want to proceed with another language then choose from the drop down list which includes Assamese, Gujarati, Bengali, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Konkani, Manipuri, Odiya, Marathi, Punjabi, Telugu, Tamil, and Urdu.
Step 11: Finish the remaining fields which includes Mother Tongue, Moles/Identification Marks, Address etc.
Step 12: Enter bank account details for refund, if eligible.
Step 13: You need to upload scanned copy of signature and photograph. Specifications for photograph and signature are as follows:
Specification for photograph
- It should be colour passport size photograph with white/light color back ground.
- The size should be 35mmX45mm or 320 x 240 pixels.
- It should be JPG/JPEG format scanned with 100 DPI resolution.
- The size of photograph must be in between 20-50KB.
- The photograph must have been takes before 1st Oct 2020 at a professional studio.
Specification for Signature
- You need to sign on a white paper with a black ink pen within a box of size 50mm x 20mm.
- You should sign in running letters not in Block letters.
- The file size should be in between should be between 10KB —40KB.
Step 14: If you belong to SC/ST category and willing to avail free rail travel then you need to upload scanned copy of your SC/ST certificate (JPG/JPEG format, 50KB – 100KB).
Step 15: Submit your application once you verify all the details.
Application fee: UR and OBC category candidates need to pay Rs. 500/- as the application fee. Those from the SC/ST/PWD category should pay Rs. 250/- for the same. The payment can be made through online mode (credit card/debit card) or SBI E-Challan or Post office Challan.
The exam pattern for RRB JE recruitment is provided below-
- Exam mode: Computer-based test (CBT)
- Languages: English, B.Tech, Urdu, Gujarati, Punjabi, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, Konkani, Odiya, Assamese, Bengali, Manipuri, and Malayalam.
- Duration: CBT-I will be of 90 minutes and CBT-II will be of 120 minutes
- Phases of the exam: Two i.e. CBT-I and CBT-II
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total number of questions: 100 questions in CBT-I and 150 questions in CBT-II.
- Marking scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for correct answer.
- Negative marking: 1/3rd marks will be deducted for incorrect answer.
|Subjects||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||25|
|Subjects||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|Physics and Chemistry||15||15|
|Basics of Computer and Applications||10||10|
|Basic of Environment and Pollution Control||10||10|
Once you are aware with exam pattern for RRB JE don’t forget to read the prescribed syllabus for the exam. Try to prepare following the syllabus of the exam.
- Candidates can download the admit card for RRB JE 2020 exam by login into the official web portal of the RRB.
- The hall ticket will bear the details such as- exam city, centre, timing, reporting time, exam date, candidate, etc.
- Applicants should cross-check the details printed on the admit card and inform the authority in case any discrepancy is found.
- Candidates should keep the printout copy of the admit card and bring it to the exam venue on the day of the exam.
- On failing to produce the admit card and valid ID proof, the candidate won’t be allowed to take the test.
Result and Selection
- The result of RRB JE 2020 exam can be accessed through the official website of the RRB.
- A list of the shortlisted candidates will be displayed on the portal.
- Only those candidates can appear for the next phase of the exam who have successfully cleared the previous phase.
- Selection of the candidates will strictly be done on the basis of the marks secured in the exam.
- Such candidates will undergo the document verification phase and medical examination thereafter.