SSC-Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts one of the famous exams of the country which is the Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) Examination. SSC conducts CHSL exam for the recruitment of Data Entry Operator (DEO), Lower Division Clerk (LDC), Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant & Court Clerk.
SSC CHSL 2019 Notification
SSC CHSL Notification 2019 has been released on 5th March, 2019.The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) of India conducts Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination (CHSL) exam every year to select eligible candidates for various posts such as the post of:
Age Eligibility :
18-27 years as on 01.08.2018 (Candidates born not before 02-08-1992 and not later than 01-08-2001).
|Code No.||Category||Permissible age relaxation|
|01||SC/ ST||5 years|
|03||Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||10 years|
|04||PwD + OBC||13 years|
|05||PwD + SC/ ST||15 years|
|09||Ex-Servicemen||03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date.|
Educational Qualification : (As on 01.08.2019)
- For LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, DEO (except DEOs in C&AG): The candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- For Data Entry Operator (DEO) in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): 12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
- As per Ministry of Human Resource Development Notification dated 10- 06-2015 published in Gazette of India all the degrees/ diplomas /certificates awarded through Open and Distance Learning mode of education by the Universities established by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature, Institutions Deemed to be Universities under Section 3 of the University Grant Commission Act 1956 and Institutions of National Importance declared under an Act of Parliament stand automatically recognized for the purpose of employment to posts and services under the Central Government provided they have been approved by the University Grants Commission
- Candidates who have not yet acquired but will acquire the educational qualification and produce documentary evidence from the Board/ University in support thereof as on 01-08-2019 will also be eligible
- The examination will consist of a Computer Based Examination (Tier-I), Descriptive Paper (Tier-II) and Skill Test/ Typing Test (Tier-III).
- The Commission reserves the right to introduce additional stage of examination which would be notified at suitable time, if considered necessary.
- In the question papers, wherever necessary, the metric systems of weights and measures only will be used.
- Use of mobile phone, calculator and other electronic gadgets and accessories is not permitted. Therefore, these should not, be brought inside the Examination Premises/ Venue
Tier-I (Computer Based Examination-Objective Type):
|Dates of Computer
(Not in sequence)
|Number of Questions/ Maximum Marks||Time Duration (For all four Parts)|
|II||General Intelligence||25/ 50|
(Basic Arithmetic Skill)
|IV||General Awareness||25/ 50|
Written examination consists of Objective Type- Multiple choice questions only.
The questions will be set both in English & Hindi for Part-I, III & IV.
There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer.
Tier- II Descriptive Paper
Tier-II Paper of CHSL will be a descriptive Paper of 100 Marks in ‘Pen and Paper’ Mode. The duration of the paper would be for one hour. This paper has been introduced to assess the writing skills of the candidates which is necessary in Government jobs.
The Paper would comprise:
writing of an Essay of 200-250 words,
Letter / Application writing of approximately 150-200 words.
The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 %.
The performance in Tier II would be included for preparing merit.
The paper will have to be written either in Hindi or in English. Part paper written in Hindi and Part in English will not be evaluated.
Tier- III Typing Test/Skill Test
Tier-III Examination Tier-III of the Examination would continue to be the Skill Test / Typing Test which would be of a qualifying nature.
The final merit of the successful candidates would be determined on the basis of total score obtained by them in Tier-I and Tier-IIWhat is the syllabus for the Examination?
The detailed syllabus of the examination will be provided by A A Shah’s Young IAS on request with proper guidance. Interested candidates may contact us by visiting any of the branches, by phone call at +91-9004078746 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
SSC CHSL Tier-1 Syllabus
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||Quantitative Ability||English Language||General Awareness|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification||Reading Comprehension||History|
|Alphanumeric Series||Profit & Loss||Cloze Test||Culture|
|Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test||Mixtures & Allegations||Para jumbles||Geography|
|Data Sufficiency||Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||Miscellaneous||Economic Scene|
|Coded Inequalities||Work & Time||Fill in the blanks||General Policy|
|Seating Arrangement||Time & Distance||Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting||Scientific Research|
|Puzzle||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Paragraph Completion||Awards and Honors|
|Tabulation||Data Interpretation||One Word Substitution||Books and Authors|
|Syllogism||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage||Active/Passive Voice|
|Blood Relations||Number Systems|
|Input Output||Sequence & Series|
|Coding Decoding||Permutation, Combination &Probability|
SSC CHSL Tier II Syllabus
As stated above, this paper calls for candidates to write an essay and Letter/Application that tests their writing skills of the candidates. The essay topics will be related to National Interest, Finance & Economy, Ecological Issues, Politics, Social Issues, Schemes & Governance, Sports, Technology, Geopolitics, Environmental Concerns etc. While, the type of letter/ application asked will be Application, Complaint, Suggestion, Official Appreciation, Follow up or Feedback etc.
SSC CHSL Tier III Syllabus
Tier-III of SSC CHSL 2019 will be a Skill/ Typing Test of qualifying nature. The final merit of the selected candidates will be based on the basis of total score obtained in Tier-I and Tier-II.
Skill test for the post of Data Entry Operator:
In this test, a candidate should have data entry speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour.
Duration of the Test is 15 minutes and English document having about 2000-2200 strokes/key-depressions is given to type.
Classroom Lecture Schedule
Mon, Wed, Fri
05.00 p.m. – 07.00 p.m.
Sun & Public Holidays
9.00 am.-1.00 pm.
Mon, Wed, Fri
05.00 P.m. – 07.00 P.m.
Tue, Thu, Sat
03.00 p.m. – 05.00 p.m
Register for SSC CGL / CHL Exam
Guru Kripa, Bahubali, Cawasji Patel Street,
Behind Meher House,
Between Hutatma Chowk & Horniman Circle,
Fort, Mumbai – 400001.
Mob: +91 9029098746
Telephone: 022- 2204 4777
221, 1st Floor, Gohartaj, Dr. B. A. Road,
Near Hindmata Flyover Bridge (Northern end),
Dadar (East), Mumbai – 400014.
Mob: +91 9029088746
Telephone: 022- 2415 4777
Paranjpe Udhyog Bhavan, 3rd Floor,
Opp Shiv Sagar Restaurant, Station Road,
Thane (West) – 400 601.
Mob: +91 8652 744 447
Telephone: 022-2540 477
Chandrai Arcade, 1st Floor, Sector 20,
Opp. Nerul Railway Station, Above Welcome Restaurant,
Nerul (West), Navi Mumbai – 400 706.
Mob: +91 9773388746
Telephone: 022-2771 4477
Click below for: