Institute of Banking Personnel Selection
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is an autonomous agency in India. It started its operation in 1975 as Personnel Selection Services (PSS). In 1984, IBPS became an independent entity at the behest of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and Public Sector Banks. IBPS is envisioned as self-governed academic and research oriented Institute, with a mission of enhancing human-resource development through personnel assessment.
In 2011, IBPS announced a Common Written Examination (CWE) for the recruitment of officers and clerks in Indian banks. IBPS CWE is now mandatory for anyone who seeks an employment in 29 public sector and regional rural banks. IBPS periodically accepts exam applications from candidates at their website, and the exams are organized at various locations in the country in online mode. Aspirants have to go through an interview process after passing the online test. On the basis of the interview, candidates are placed in regional rural banks.
IBPS Clerk Job Profile Complete Details
It is compulsory for all candidates that they are aware of the post they applied for. you should check life and responsibilities of a bank clerk that what is your work after selection on a clerical cadre post.
Clerk definition – First of all, you should know about “What is a clerk?”. It is also called “Single Window Operator.” According to the Wikipedia, Clerk is a person who performs daily office tasks and accounts related works in the bank like handling cash counter, maintain ledger, keep transaction records up to date, etc.
What are Clerk Duties in the bank?
For customers, Clerk is the first point of contact for inquiries & guidance. Clerk post is an important part of every bank. It handles many valuable works related to the customer’s accounts and solves their complaints and issues this is also an important role of clerk in the bank. Check the other main works covers by this post.
1. Handling deposit and withdrawal cash is the primary work of the clerk. Along with that clerk also undertakes the receipt of cheques, drafts, dividend warrants, and pay orders.
2. Payment clearance works like Verify cheques, issue demand drafts, etc.
3. Maintain a daily record of balance.
4. Perform various back office works like receipts collection, ledger maintenance, balance tally, data entry, issue ESI stamps, typing other necessary bank information served to the customers, etc.
5. Issue cheque books after authentication of clients.
6. In some of the bank clerk also plays a significant role in the marketing of financial products of the Bank such as loans, mutual funds, deposits, schemes, etc. this is the summary of ibps clerk job description.