Eligibility & Exam Pattern
SSC GD Constable Eligibility Criteria 2017: Details
SSC GD constable exam eligibility criteria 2017 can divided into various sub sections like educational qualification, age limit and the nationality, all criteria given below:
- Minimum 10th pass from a recognized board.
- Required age limit for the SSC GD Constable is 18 to 23 years, date of birth proof may be provided thru the birth certificate or class 10th passing certificate. The upper age limit relaxation provided to SC, ST, OBC candidates.
|S.No||Category||Max Age Limit|
|3||Ex-Servicemen (GEN)||26 years|
|4||Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||29 years|
|5||Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||31 years|
|6||Domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st Jan 1980 to 31st Dec 1989 (GEN)||28 Years|
|7||Domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st Jan 1980 to 31st Dec 1989 (OBC)||31 Years|
|8||Domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st Jan 1980 to 31st Dec 1989 (SC/ST)||33 Years|
|9||Children and dependent of victims KILLED in the 1984 riots OR communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (GEN)||28 years|
|10||Children and dependent of victims KILLED in the 1984 riots OR communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (OBC)||31 years|
|11||Children and dependent of victims KILLED in the 1984 riots OR communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (SC/ST)||33 years|
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Height: For Male – 170 cms and For Female – 157 cms.
- Chest: For male only – Unexpanded: 80 cms
- Weight: For males and Females: Proportionate to height and age.
- 165 cms for male and 155 cms for female, those candidates who belong to Garhwalis, Kumaonis, Dogras, Marathas and candidates belonging to the State of Assam, Himachal Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir.
- 162.5 cms for male and 150 cms for female, those candidates who belong to Scheduled Tribes (ST).
- 162.5 cms for male and 152.5 cms for female, those candidates who belong to North Eastern State of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim & Tripura.
- 160 cms for male and 147.5 cms for female, those candidates who belong to Scheduled Tribe of North Eastern States of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim & Tripura and Left Wing Extremism affected districts, Gorkha Territorial Administration (GTA).
- 78 cms unexpanded for male candidates falling in the categories of Garhwalis, Kumaonis, Dogras, Marathas and candidates belonging to the States of Assam, Himachal Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir.
- 76 cms unexpanded for all male candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes (ST).
- 77 cms unexpanded male candidates from North Eastern States of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura and Gorkha Territorial Administration (GTA).
SSC GD Constable Selection Procedure 2017
The selection process for SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2017 mention below:
- 1st Step: Physical Standards Test / Physical Efficiency Test
- 2nd Step: Written Examination (Objective Type)
- 3rd Step: Medical Test
Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
Physical Efficiency Test (PET) this test is just qualifying in nature and it will not carry any marks still it is necessary to pass in order to move further in the selection process.
|For Male candidates||For Female candidates|
|Race||5 Km in 24 minutes||1.6 Km in 8 minutes|
For candidates of Ladakh Region:
|For Male candidates||For Female candidates|
|Race||1.6 Km or 1 Mile in 6 minutes||800 meter in 4 minutes|
SSC GD Constable Written Exam Pattern 2017
- The question paper will have 4 parts namely (Part-A) General Intelligence & Reasoning, (Part-B) General Knowledge & General Awareness, (Part-C) Elementary Mathematics and (Part-D) English/Hindi.
- Each Part carries 25 marks and 25 questions i.e. paper containing 100 questions carrying 100 marks.
- Questions paper will be objective type.
- Duration of the exam is 2 hours (120 minutes).
- Matriculation level questions will be asked in the Exam.
- The online examination will be in English & Hindi only. Offline examination will be in English, Hindi and other Regional Languages.
- Candidates need to choose online or offline mode of the examination while filling up the application form.
Summary: SSC GD Constable Written Exam Pattern 2017
|Part||Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
|A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25|| |
|B||General Knowledge & General Awareness||25||25|
Medical Test / Medical Examination
|Visual AcuityUnaided||Uncorrected VisualAcuity||Refraction||Colour Vision|
|Near Vision||Distant Vision|
|Better Eye||Worse Eye||Better Eye||Worse Eye|
|N6||N9||6 / 6||6 / 9||Visual correction of any kind is not permitted even by glasses||CP-2|
Candidates Must Not Have:
- Knock knee
- Flat Foot
- Varicose Vein
- Squint in Eyes
Note: X-Ray & Blood Test, etc shall be conducted only for such candidates who found fit after passing all the level of medical test.
SSC GD Constable Written Exam Syllabus 2017
Part A: General Intelligence & Reasoning
Analytical aptitude and ability to observe and distinguish patterns will be tested through questions principally of non-verbal type. This component may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, etc.
Part B: General Knowledge and General Awareness
Questions in this section will be aimed at testing the candidate’s general awareness. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining to sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution, and scientific Research etc. These Questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
Part C: Elementary Mathematics
This paper will include questions on problems relating to Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, etc.
Part D: English/Hind
Candidate’s ability to understand Basic English & Hindi, basic comprehension would be tested.