Note: From 2016 Both Tier I and Tier II papers are conducted Online.
SSC CGL Exam Eligibility Criteria
What are the eligibility criteria for CGL?
SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria 2018: Candidates who are interested for SSC CGL examination must first satisfy the eligibility criteria before applying for it. Eligibility criteria are given here under. If candidate does not possess or fulfill the eligibility criteria, the application of that candidate will be rejected by the commission therefore it is necessary to have full fledged information regarding the eligibility criteria of SSC CGL 2018. There are certain conditions which are set by the Staff Selection Commission, so it is necessary for the candidate to ensure all the eligibility conditions.
A candidate must be either:
(a) a citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the Ist January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania ( Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar ), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the Examination but the offer of appointment will be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Government of India.
|1||Assistant Audit Officer / Assistant Account Officer||Essential Qualification: Degree|
Desirable Qualification: Charted Accountant or Cost & Management Accountant or Company Secretary or Master in Commerce or Master in Business Administration (Finance)
|2||Junior Statistical Officer||Degree in any subject with atleast 60% marks in mathematics in 12th or Degree in any subject with Statistic as one of the subject at degree level|
|3||All other post||Degree|
|1||18 – 27||Assistant Central Vigilance Commission|
Assistant Ministry of Railway
Assistant Ministry of External Affairs
Inspector of Income Tax
Inspector Central Excise
Senior Secretariat Assistant
Tax Assistant (CBDT)
|2||20 – 27||Assiatnt Intelligence Bureau|
Tax Assistant (CBEC)
|3||20 – 30||Assistant Section Officer (Central Secretariat Service)|
Sub-Inspector (Central Bureau of Investigation)
|4||upto 30 years||Assistant Audit Officer|
Sub Inspector (National Investigation Agency)
Assistant Enforcement Officer
|5||upto 32 years||Statistical Investigator Grade-II|
Age is to be considered as on Ist August of the year of Examination. Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation /Secondary Examination only will be accepted by the commission for determining the age and no subsequent request for change will be considered or granted. Age Relaxation: SC/ST- 5 Years, OBC – 3 years, PH- 10 years, PH + OBC -13 years, PH + SC/ST- 15 years
What are the subjects, syllabus and exam pattern under SSC – CGL?
|I||Computer Based MCQ||1|
A. General Intelligence Reasoning
B. General Awareness
C. Quantitative Aptitude
D. English Comprehension
|II||Computer Based MCQ|
|A. Quantitative Abilities|
B. English Language & Comprehension
|III||Pen & Paper Descriptive||1||Hindi/English|
(Writing of Essay/Precie/Letter/Application etc.)
- Merit will be prepared on overall performance. However candidate will need to qualify all the tiers separately
- No sectional cutoff.
- The commission shall have discretion to fix different minimum qualifying standards in each component of the Tier I.
- For the post of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) there shall be an addional Paper-III Statistics.
- For the post of Assistant Audit Officer/Assistant Account Officer there shall be an additional paper-IV General Studies (Finance and Economics).
- For the post of Tax Assistant (Central Excise & Income Tax) there shall be additional Tier-IV Skill Test, which will be of qualifying nature.
- For the post of Assistant Section Officer in (CSS), Assistant Section Officer (MEA) and Assistant (GSI) in M/O mines, Computer Proficiency Test has also been prescribed as an Essential Qualification.
- For the post of Inspector (Central Excise/Examiner/Preventive officer/Inspector & Sub-inspector in CBN physical standards are prescribed.