National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) is a scholarship program which was introduced by NCERT in 1961 as an initiative to identify and promote academic talent. While it was started only for the students of Delhi, today NTSE is the most prestigious national-level scholarship exam conducted at secondary school level.
NTSE is conducted in two stages for the students of class 10. 1000 scholarships are awarded every year out of which 250 are reserved for SC, ST and physically challenged students.
NTSE Scholar Advantages
It is a matter for honour and repute to hold the title of an ‘NTSE Scholar’. You’ll reap its benefits throughout life. Here are a few advantages you get as soon as you receive the scholarship in class 10.
- Most of the recognised coaching centres which prepare students for careers in science discipline (JEE, medical, etc.) offer free admission and up to 50% off on preparation material.
- If you’re a IIIT-Delhi aspirant, a bonus of 6 marks is added to your JEE Main score while considering admission into the institute.
- A number of foreign universities which offer undergraduate courses in science give preference to NTSE scholars during selections.
- Bagging internships during early years of college (when you have nothing substantial on your resume) is easier as compared to others.
- A monthly scholarship of Rs 1250 is given to NTSE scholars for pursuing science, social science, humanities, fine arts, languages, commerce, or vocational studies in class 11 and 12. The scholarship amount is increased to Rs 2000 per month from undergraduate up to doctoral level.
- Benefits during NDA selections.