- Call Us Now :
We strongly believe that – “Talent is not a monopoly of any nation, religion, caste, place or period”. The existing school curriculum and the examination system are unable to identify and motivate the talented students. It is, therefore, as a national and social binding, the Centre for Talent Search and Excellence, N. Wadia College, Pune has undertaken the search of Talented Students through “Maharashtra Talent Search Examination” since 1992.
Aims of M.T.S.E
1. To Search the talented students.
2. To equip the students for NTS (std.X) and other competitive examinations in future.
3. To encourage the students to appear for various competitive examinations and to create an urge and ambition to succeed in each examinations from an early age.
4. To honor and encourage the selected students by awarding scholarships and prizes.
How to obtain Application forms ?
Application forms can be obtained from Headmaster / Principal of the School. Head of the institutes are requested to demand the No. of Forms required by them for Std. VIII, IX and X on the school letter-head, which shall enable the centre to send the forms accordingly. Fees for these forms can be sent to the centre at the time of submission of the filled forms. Please return the unused forms if any, along with the filled forms. Individual student can obtain application form by paying the fees in advance.
The Schools can download the Application Form using the link given below and print the required number of copies of the same.
1) State Level Prize : Students appearing in the state level merit list will be awarded State Level Prize of Rs. 1000/- each.
2) District Level Prize : Students who could not secure place in the State level merit list but have made it in the District Level Merit List will be awarded to the District Level Prize of Rs. 400 /- The number of students selected for the award of MTS Prize at state / district level depends upon the number of students appearing for the examination from the entire state and the marks secured.
3) Special Prizes : Rs. 200 /- each will be awarded for those students who could not awarded State or District Prize but have secured marks more than particular marks.
4) Taluka Prizes : Rs. 150 /- each students who could not awarded State or District Level Prize but have done well in their Talukas.
5) Consolation Prizes : Besides these Prize, some students will be awarded consolation prizes of Rs. 100 /-.
6) Merit Prizes : Rs. 5000/-, Rs. 3000/- & Rs. 2000/- will be awarded to the first three students in the state level merit lists of rural and urban areas for each standard. A special prize of Rs. 500/- will be awarded to a student standing first in each paper & every section of written examination.
7) Other Medium Prize : Rs. 400/- will be awarded to a certificate holder having maximum marks amongst Hindi, Urdu, and Gujarati medium studensts.
8) Certificates : The students securing 80 marks or more out of 200 in written examination will be awarded a certificate of merit.
1. Incomplete application form will be rejected.
2. If the amount sent by the student is less than the fee, the application form will not be sent / accepted. No correspondence will be made in this regard.
3. It is essential to contact this office if you don’t receive the acknowledgement of your application before end of March.
4. Under unavoidable circumstances, “Hon. Director” reserves the right to change the date, time and centre of examination.
5. Prior permission of Hon. Director is essential to change the centre of examination.
6. The MTS office is not responsible for any postal mishaps / delay.
7. Students should strictly follow the instructions given by the supervisors during exam. Copying in any form is strictly prohibited. Student using unfair means will be disqualified.
8. For std. X the final selection will be based on the performance in written exam. and interview. For Std. VIII, IX, only the performance in written exam. will be considered for the award of Prizes.
9. The amount of Prize will be awarded by money order.
10. Fees, once paid, will not be refunded under any circumstances.
11. Complaints / suggestions, regarding the exam, should be addressed to Hon. Director, MTSE in written form. The decision of the Hon. Director is final in all such matters.
MAHARASHTRA TALENT SEARCH EXAMINATION
English / Marathi / Hindi / Gujrathi / Urdu will be the medium of examination.
CENTER OF EXAMINATION
For written examination, the centers will be allotted at District or Taluka places. To allot a centre of examination at least 150 Students should appear for the MTS examination (Std. VIII, Std. IX and Std. X together). If the number of students is less, they will be allotted a nearby centre. Students will have to appear at the given center at their own cost.
Examination Center No., Center code, Exam. No. and place of examination will be communicated to the school by end of March. Students should collect the information from school and write the same in the boxes provided on the Acknowledgement and Admit Card. This information will also be available on this website.
Appearing for MTS Examination has proved to be useful as a preparation for National Talent Search Examination. Majority of MTSE Scholars have come out with flying colours at the NTS Examination.
Completely filled application forms along with the examination fee should reach MTS office on or before 9th December, 2017.
On submission of application forms, students will receive Acknowledgement and Admit Card. Students should bring this admit card while coming for the examination. Xerox it if necessary.
In case of individual students the acknowledgement card will be sent to their residential addresses while for students applying through schools or coordinators, the acknowledgement cards will be sent to their respective schools / coordinators.
If students do not receive Acknowledgement and Admit Card before the end of March, then please contact MTS Office.
Written Examination :
Written examination for std. VIII, IX and X will be conducted on 28th April, 2018 between 10.00 am to 1.00 pm. without any recess. However, students are expected to occupy their seats before 9.30 am.
Students should bring ball point pen for writing the answers and a water bottle.
Award & Prizes:
Merit list of MTSE will be prepared at two levels.
(a) State Level Merit List
(b) District Level Merit List
The number of students selected for the award of MTSE prizes at State/District level depends upon the number of students appearing for the examination from the entire state and the marks secured.
1.State Prizes: Student appearing in the State level merit list will be awarded a state prize of Rs 1000/- each only for one year.
2. District Prizes: Students who could not secure place in State level merit list but have made it in the District Level Merit List will be awarded the District prize of Rs 400/- each only for one year.
3. Special Prizes: Rs 200 only for one year to each student for those students who could not appear in State or District Prize but secured good number of marks.
4. The students securing 80 marks or more out of 200 in written examination will be awarded a certificate of Merit.
Pattern of Question Paper :
There will be two written papers for all standards and will be conducted on the same day for three hours without any recess between.
The questions for the written examination will be of multiple choice type. Four alternative answers will be provided for each question and the student has to select the appropriate answer.
|Paper 1 (For All Standards)||Mental Ability Test||Language|
|Interview||No Interview for Std. VIII & IX
Interview of 50 marks for Std. X
|Paper 2 (For All Standards)||Scholastic Aptitude Test|
|Science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology)||Social Science (History, Geography, Civics, Economics)||Maths (Algebra, Geometry, Arithmetic)|
|Interview||No Interview for Std. VIII & IX
Interview of 50 marks for Std. X
Interview carrying 50 marks will be conducted only for the selected students from Std X.The students of Std. X will be selected for the interview on the basis of their performance in the written examination. The interview will be conducted at N. Wadia College, Pune. The interviews may be arranged at other places for the convenience of the students. The students will have to attend the interview at their own expense.INTERVIEW
Selection Criteria For Interview and the names of the students along with the complete schedule of Interviews will be communicated to the students at their residential address and their schools. It will also be available on this website.
SYLLABUS AND PREPERATION
Paper I – Mental Ability Test (MAT)
It will have a slightly higher difficulty level than the Mental Ability Paper of Scholarship Examination of Std. VII for Std. VIII, MTSE of Std. VIII for Std. IX and MTSE of Std. IX for Std. X.
For Language Section the questions will be based on the knowledge and vocabulary of stds. VIII/IX/X respectively. For Languages Grammar & Comprehension will be tested.
Paper II – Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
For Std. VIII, Std. IX and Std. X the syllabus will be as per the school syllabus for respective subjects and classes for the entire academic year. The students should use the regular prescribed text books prescribed for the academic year. It is expected that the student should thoroughly study the curriculum of the whole year.
Interview will be conducted only for Std. X carrying 50 marks
There is no specific syllabus for the interview. The abilities such as understanding, analysis, application with respect to the school subjects will be tested. In addition, the knowledge of current national and international events, the environment in which one lives, achievements in extra-curricular activities in school, hobbies, sports etc., will also be considered.
Pattern of Question Paper
There will be two written papers.
Total time : Three hours
It will be of multiple choice type. Four alternative answers will be provided for each question and the student has to select the appropriate answer.
Merit list of MTSE Std. VIII , Std. IX and Std. X will be prepared at two levels (a) State level merit list (b) District level merit list.
All the students appearing for MTSE Std. VIII, Std. IX and Std. X will receive their results at their respective schools by the end of June. The complete result of all the students appearing for the examination will also be available on this website.
Prize Distribution :
The selected students from the State Level Merit List of Std. VIII, IX & X will be awarded their prizes in the Prize Distribution Ceremony. This function will be held at N. Wadia College, Pune in the month of July.
In this function the State level Prizes will be awarded to the selected top Students in standard VIII, IX & X.
1) The students of Std. X will be selected for the interview on the basis of their performance in the written examination. The interview will be conducted at N. Wadia College, Pune. The interviews might be arranged at other places for the convenience of the students. The students will have to attend the interview at their own cost.
2) The interviews of the selected students of std. X will be conducted between 25th May to 5th June. The schedule of the interview will be communicated to the students at their residential address and to their schools. The letters of interview will be posted between 15th and 20thMay . The List of students selected for Interview will also be available on this website.